Coming up with graphic after graphic for your social media feeds, blog and website can be exhausting and take away from all the creative work you'd rather be doing. That's where templates for social media graphics are your best friend! Head over to Creative Market and pick up some of my social media templates and then follow the steps below for creating easy, customized graphics that practically do the work for you!
Have your templates? Ok, open one up and let's get you going with a full set of amazing graphics for your content on social media!
1. To add your image, double click on the icon of the layer titled Your Image Goes Here to open the smart object.
2. File > Place Embedded...
3. When the window pops up, find the image you want to use, click open and size your image to fit the frame, making sure to center the image within the frame in whatever way you want it to appear in the final image.
4. Close the photoshop tab that’s opened the smart object and select save when it prompts you.
5. When you go back to your template tab inside photoshop, you’ll see your image now positioned.
6. Next, you can add your own text in the text layers. You can move the text around on the template if the placement of the text in the template doesn’t work with your placed image.
7. Finally, add some color by changing the background color and/or the color of the shapes. You can also customize the template further by moving the shape around where it works best for what you'd like the final image to look like. If you don't have the little icon on the right (above the arrow in the image below), select Windows > Properties and it should pop up for you.
8. Save your image as a PSD first (so you can make changes to the file if you should ever need or want to - this saves so much headache if you want to use the same image/template later but with different text, or you find a typo in your work, etc.) and then save the file as a JPEG or PNG so you can use that file online.
There you go! You should now have an image perfect for you to use in your social media, on your blog or website!